Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"No Poo" Challenge

Before trying No Poo for the first time
  My next adventure is going to Perth, Western Australia to be part of YWAM's Discipleship Training School.
See: http://www.ywamperth.org.au/musicdts/
  I have been praying for a couple of years about doing DTS as a way of being refreshed in my relationship with God and His call on my life. December last year marked 10 years with Fusion and so I decided to take this year "2013" as a sabbatical year - 6 months catching up with family and 6 months renewing my relationship with God.
  The school starts in 3 weeks and I have lots of money to save/raise so I've decided to try the new craze going "No Poo," not using Shampoo to wash my hair.
  No Poo is really great for saving money as all you need is Bi-carb Soda, Apple Cider Vinegar and water. Apparently great for your hair too! 

My Bi-carb Soda solution and Apple Cider Vinegar solution
  

 To add to my savings from ditching Shampoo myself, I'm inviting friends and family to try No Poo for themselves and donate their savings to me. If we estimate that on average people spend $10 a month on Shampoo and Conditioner, if 20 people gave that money to me then I would have $200 towards my school fees. If those donations continue for 6 months that's $1,200.
  Alternately you might decide to give a one off donation.

Day after first No Poo wash

Cost of DTS - 
Classroom phase: 
 Tuition                             $2,290.00 
 Resource fee                     $   210.00
 Board and accommodation $1,080.00
 Sub-total                           $3,580.00
Field Assignment/Outreach phase: 
 Approximate cost       $4,000 to $5,500 
TOTAL approx.          $9,000.00  

Leave a comment below if you'd like to join me in the challenge or would like more info about my plans for the next 6 months.
Thanks for reading!

Blessings, Adele


No comments: